When I got all this data logged and running, I wanted an easier way to show data than spreadsheets or queries. The end goal was actual graphs to show trends and what not. Introducing “phpgraphlib”. This is an open source piece of code built to implement charts/graphs into webpages with ease. This took a bit of work, but here’s the idea behind it:
This is the second part of the series for my Arduino wireless project I’ve been working on for a couple weeks now. You can start reading from the first post: https://aasullivan.com/?p=1146.
We have the idea, now we have to build it. I have three Arduinos set up at this point in this manner:
(1) Set up as wireless receiver/hub; this will read data, print to Serial and log to ethernet eventually
(2) Transmitters which simply read data every ~5 seconds to blindly send to receiver (node 0)
This layout will allow me to test from a couple devices to make sure the layout of the node IDs will work properly and be read properly as well. I ran into my first set of issues at this point: I can only read one Arduino at a time off Serial from the IDE, so went and imaged an older Dell D630 to handle the receiving end of things to troubleshoot the payload issues I ran into. Continue reading Arduino Wireless Logging, Post Two: The Design→